An area that’s often of great concern when you’re considering a loft conversion is whether you’ll be able to successfully gain planning permission for your build.At Central Lofts, we’ve been helping property owners through the process of planning permission for over 30 years, so we have a good idea of what is likely to be permitted.This is why we’re happy to provide our free consultation service for planning permission; saving you from any disappointment later on.
Local Council Knowledge
Having worked with many local councils across London and the M25, you’ll be glad to know that many cases won’t actually require planning permission.However you may need permission to start the build work.There are however specific conditions that will mean that you will need planning permission:
- Balconies, raised platforms or verandas
- Extensions higher than the height of the existing roof
- Extensions overhanging the outer facing wall
- Materials different from those of your current build
- Extensions in conservation areas/areas of outstanding beauty
- Obscured glaze-fitted side-facing windows
- Additional roof space of over 40m³ for terraced houses
- Additional roof space of over 50m³ for semi-detached or detached houses
- Houses facing the road – extensions beyond the plane of the current slope on the principal elevation
Our team of specialists are more than happy to guide you through the entire process of planning permission.Do get in touch and we’ll happily discuss any potential concerns that you may have.