Health and Safety Policy
We’re strong believers in safety first at Central Lofts, both for your property and our expert team.For this reason, we have an important set of Health and Safety guidelines that we follow.
Preparing for the Build
It’s likely that you’ll need new timber and steelwork to support your new floor.All of the alterations are carefully designed so that your roof structure is not affected.We also consider:
- An asbestos survey, particularly if your property was built prior to the year 2000.
- Any gas appliances are removed or altered by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Our expert staff check where any electricity supplies are prior to the build; ensuring they are turned off.
Any work carried out at height has the potential to be dangerous.Which is why we ensure that all scaffolding is fitted with brick guards, midrails, toeboards and guardrails.Not only that, floor boards are installed to prevent any falls that could occur close to joists or even through ceilings.Our staff have a responsibility to ensure ladders are secured and tied, and your new stairs are installed as quickly as possible for safe access.
Safe Working Practices
We’ll spend a considerable time working on your loft conversion, so for this reason we have a series of safe working practices that we put into place to ensure the safety of your home, family, and our staff.
- Everyone on site is aware of the importance of keeping the site clean.
- Skips are sited in easily accessible areas, both for filling and collection.
- All staff are to use chutes to the skip for any rubbish or materials.
- All stairs, work areas, and walkways must be kept clear of any obstructions.
- Timber is to be stored flat instead of upright.
- All pallets must be kept in excellent condition and stored on firm ground.
At Central Lofts we understand the importance of keeping your loft conversion warm in the winter months, and cool in the summer time.Not only will it help reduce your heating bills, you’ll also have peace of mind that you’ll be reducing CO² emissions to the environment.We make use of excellent thermal insulation boards that offer high performance; maintaining a U-value level of energy whenever we can.